Monday, January 30, 2012

Making it Official

FYI- I am a writer. I am labeling myself based on self- reflection, (I always ask myself, "What are going be when you grow up?"...still not planning on growing up, anytime soon). It has been decided after years of writing journals, some blogging, and because writing is my preferred method of communcation (true fact, I love to text and e-mail socially). I am often asked by people to read a report or an article or even just a wedding invitation, before printing, for my opinion, "because you write". Technically, reading other people's written work and making suggestions and corrections would make me an editor, but they only ask me because I write fairly regularly. I am owning the "writer" part. Some people will say, you already were a writer...to you I say, sometimes I am slow to figure things out. To this end I am actually for the first time, going to submit writing to be published outside of my blog. It is scary and it is exciting. I will keep you posted since this blog is my favorite writing because it is whatever I want it to be. Wouldn't it be nice if the whole planet wanted to read my odd musings everyday? Just throwing that one out to the universe.

Also, since I am a writer now, it's official, I have started my novel. It's a idea, some notes, some characters (some that I am having my "consultant" help develop), but the story is growing in my mind and somewhat on paper more than any work of fiction ever has before. So, I'm totally a writer. A writer that is clever enough to seek out other smaller, less soul filling, but possibly better paying writing work, whilst I craft my novel. I guess I am a writer and a realist. That, my lovely reader, is a lot of revelation for a Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment