Friday, January 20, 2012

Five for Friday

Express post....lots of fun and relaxation planned (and unplanned) this weekend. Hoping the same for all of you. Here are the five randoms...
  1. The snow is finally showing up on my part of the planet. I love it. Love winter clothing, it is so forgiving. If you have snow...go out and roll in it. Promise, I will do the same.
  2. Words with Friends. I have started playing this silly word game just this week. Crazy that a word lover has shunned this game for so long. I completely suck at it. Turns out I do not work well under strict letter limits. I need the whole alphabet. Also WwF does not accept many words that are in fact words. FYI, slut and skank are "not accepted as words". Go tell that to the kids at your local high school. You will probably hear a few more words that are "not accepted as words".
  3. What would be more embarrassing? Getting hit by a Prius or a Smart Car when crossing the street? I say the SmartCar, because of its tinyness, and the fact that hitting an adult may actually total that silly thing. No shame in getting hit by a Prius, since you can not hear those little buggers. Note to Toyota, install some engine noise software.
  4. I woke up to the cat staring at me a few mornings ago. It was very unnerving. I should say better things about her, since it felt like she was plotting my demise. Thankfully, she and the dog are on poor terms so a pet revolution seems to be an unlikely scenario. I will continue to foster the cat/dog rivalry. Solely for my own self preservation.
  5. Funniest sentence of the week. "I have a rash.". Explanation: My son had to use ten spelling words in a sentences. "Rash" is one of his words this week. Some may have had their child change this slightly embarrassing sentence. I am not one of those people. It is a gift to his teacher. She will get a giggle out of that one. This sentence also started a whole "rash" conversation with the kids and I. Someone, who shall remain unnamed, took the next step of doing a Wikipedia search on rashes. There are some bad ones out there. Do not read that article at the dinner table. Trust me on this one...just trust.
Happy (rash free) Weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment