Friday, January 13, 2012

Five of Friday

My reward for publishing so much of my writing this week is my equivalent of Short Attention Span Theater. Just five wild observations, feelings, reflections, or just utter silliness. My challenge is getting to number five. Zero premeditation on this post. Here she flies...
  1. High heels are a girl's best friend and worst enemy. I love heels. L O V E them. I like to be extra tall. I like how a great heel can make a whole outfit. It is not even that I care what anyone else thinks, I like the look, for my own personal joy. I hate, H A T E, how horrible my feet feel after wearing my favorite shoes and boots. The burning, searing pain, that comes from walking, dancing, heck...even just standing in those beauties, is torture. Love, hate, love to hate, hate to love so much. Inner turmoil comes in many forms.
  2. Sweet pickles are a waste of time. That is right, I have opinions on such mundane things as components of relish trays. Dill and hot & spicy pickles are my favorites. I still have a jar of sweet pickles in the back of my refrigerator. Someone brought them to our home at least 5 years ago, and I still have them. I figure the pickles will not go bad, and someday someone who likes sweet pickles may show up at my house. That day has not happened yet.
  3. Two odd secrets. I secretly like ironing. Well, now the cat is out of the bag. It is a very satisfying process. Making a rumpled piece of clothing smooth and warm and fabulous is the bomb. Maybe I am more of a domestic diva than I admit. I also make my bed everyday. It sets the tone for the day, and is a simple thing that makes the whole bedroom look better.
  4. Fears. Ha. You thought I was going to list my greatest fears. Not going to happen. The secrets were enough for today. Needless to say we all have fears and anyone who says they have no fears...well they fear "fear" itself. And that, my enlightened readers is terrifying.
  5. Weekends should be relaxing. That being said, just in front of me is my jam packed weekend schedule. Thank goodness we have Monday off this next week. This crew will need that day for recovery. I am not a huge sleeping in person, but one day a week it is wonderful to not wake up to an alarm clock. That day will be Monday...so I am grateful for that small blessing.
Have a great weekend, busy or preferably not busy.
Live. Love. Laugh.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a "make your bed everyday" kind of person, too. It just looks better. And it's the cleanest horizontal surface in my house. sigh.

    ReplyDelete