Monday, January 23, 2012

The Gloom

Happy Monday...or is it? I have been ending my texts and e-mails today with "Happy Monday". As if to convince myself with each sent message that it will change my (slightly crabby) point of view. It is a gloomy, hopelessly grey day here in this part of the planet. The snow that fell over the weekend is slowly but surely being washed away by a murky rain. Ugh. Low motivation would be an understatement. Writing is my escape from bathrooms and other even gloomier chores. My kids have some silly game where they assign each other "spirit animals". I do not fully get the game or the purpose, but it is creative and it is not fighting...so my parenting instinct says let it go. Anyway, today my "spirit animal" is Eeyore. Yes, that glum donkey from Winnie the Pooh. My inner Tigger has been usurped by Eeyore. It is completely the fault of the weather. I have no problem assigning blame, actually it is one of my special talents. I was happily shoveling on Saturday morning, and today wading through slush. Very dismal. No, I should not let something as fickle and out of my control as the weather take over my mental state, but I have. I am owning it, swimming in the gloom, soon I will get out, dry off, and declare, "tomorrow is a new day". One crappy day only makes the others day look better. Oddly, just writing that made me feel slightly more Tigger-ish. So have a happy Monday...but only if you really want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment