Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Word...Its Wednesday

I love words. I am loquacious and verbose. Fancy words, odd words, and swear words are among my favorites. Those who say a person who uses profanity has a poor vocabulary really needs to meet me. Often, throughout my life, I am asked to clarify or define what I am saying because I tend to go big or go home when getting my point across. So in an effort enhance your vocabulary I establish, Word...Its Wednesday. Each Wednesday I will bring you a not often used word or one that often needs clarification. It will be defined, spelled phonetically (if needed) and used in a sentence. Then you, my intellegent reader, can do with it what you may.
Pon-tif-i-cate (you can sound that baby out). Noun. 1. To officiate as a pontiff 2.To speak or act in a pompus or dogmatic way.
Sentence using definition 1. Pope John Paul the second will always be my favorite pontiff.
Sentence using defintion 2. Harold will pontificate all night about his recent discovery in the field of astrophysics. Someone refresh my drink, now.
Word...Its Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment