Friday, June 25, 2010

Laugh or Cry

Sometimes you just have to decide when you wake up if you are going let the day make you laugh, or make you cry. It is best to make this choice before your feet hit the floor. Here is why. This past winter it was cold and snowy, I was in my faux-single parent mode (glad that is over), the alarm had just been slapped for the last time...I made the choice to have a "laughing day". I sat up, put my tootsies on the floor and my left foot landed in a cold pile of cat vomit. This is why you have to make the choice while still laying in bed, you are still safe. Being of a stubborn nature (thanks Dad), I did laugh. I also put together a tidy string of swear words directed toward the cat that was lazily sleeping on my bed. Laugh or cry. Each day seems to bring countless opportunities for both. If you are fortunate sometimes you can laugh, until you cry...that is the best. Other times life will throw you something (or multiple things) to cry about and there is nothing else you can do, try as you might. That is when God seems to insert a friend or a sister or a brother that somehow just knows what to say or not say that can make the situation okay or at least bearable. And if you are blessed you will end up laughing, after crying...and that just heals the hurt. Here is to hoping you find laughter today...even if your feet find cat vomit.

No comments:

Post a Comment