Thursday, June 10, 2010

Clueless

I am not afraid to admit ignorance. See, it just happened (so evolved and enlightened). Being ignorant is not the same as being stupid. The ignorant are aware of their lapses in knowledge or information. The stupid are not (but somehow continue to speak and function like humans) thus, being ignorant of their own stupidity. I digress, so get comfortable with that. Well here is my current bit of cluelessness. This whole blog. I thought this is simple and "easy peasy". Well sometimes you do not know, what you do not know. I read several blogs, and apparently I could share them with you and I will when I figure out how that thingy works. I also realize that I may not be a "follower" of these blogs, even if I read each post faithfully. Live and learn people. So here are some other things I am pretty darn ignorant about...
1.Smart Phones. I feel pretty lame pulling out my phone when I get a call if others are around because I push the green phone button and start talking, while others swipe and swirl and twist their far superior mobile devices (and then start talking). I have only recently started texting, because I had to get a phone update and it has a "qwerty" (also had to look up "qwerty" at one point). I do not have an "app" for anything, and if I did I would not figure it out until right before some crazy update would change the whole thing. So enjoy your smart phones. Have fun changing your status from anywhere on the planet. Check your restaurant "app" (while I look at some flyer I picked up off the street). I am fine hitting my green phone button.
2.E*bay, Craigslist, and the lot. I do not know how to sell stuff online. I have never purchased anything from an online "swap shop" (for lack of a better descriptor). Many people have brought up in casual conversation how much money they have made sell stuff online. Many have boasted of great finds and deals (concert tickets, Disney passes, collectibles) from private people at online sites. I understand the idea, I nod and feign excitement for their great fortune, but in the back of my mind I think, "garage sales and want ads". Garage sales I understand. Put a price on all your unwanted items, set up tables, post signs, and see what happens. Want Ads, look in the paper see what others are offering, call, and make a deal. Call me crazy, I just do not do the online swap.
3. Video Games. Until the Wii came out I had no clue how people could sit and thrum buttons, and wiggle joysticks for hours on end. Yes, that sounded a bit saucy, and I am leaving it (PG-13 is my comfort zone). I can handle the wild waving, jumping, shaking, and the like that is necessary for Wii games. Your up, your interacting with others, you may even hit the other players (guilty). It makes sense its a good time. The sit on your bum type, don't get, never will.

So in short, I am a techno-dolt at heart (and now fully outted). I am ignorant to so much of the web, computers, hackers, USB ports, connectivity, and most of the other tech terms. My domain is the written and spoken word. I love new words, the power of words, and sharing ideas in print. So this admittedly ignorant, neophyte blogger will be stepping out of her comfort zone and learn something (many things) new.

No comments:

Post a Comment