Thursday, June 24, 2010

Reframing

Have you ever noticed that a new picture frame can completely change the way a picture or print looks? Just a new design of a wood, plastic, or metal frame can make something look new, fresh, and lovely. Sometimes it seems as if life is telling me its time to "reframe", not the photos and prints in the living room, but situations and relationships. Lately my aging mini-van has been giving me fits with minor issues. The original battery gave up the ghost last week, naturally as I was trying to leave a parking lot with load of groceries. The sway bars needed replacing two weeks prior to that, and the latest fit from "Mini" is some cooling system related thing. Last night I stewed over this latest "betrayal" from Mini. Sometime around 3 AM I realized that I needed to "reframe" this situation, or face being overtired, crabby, and miserable to be around. Mini has been my loyal, true blue companion for a long time. I have never been really into cars. If they start and get me where I need to go an back, that is awesome. Really, Mini is a fabulous vehicle. She has taken Girl Scouts to camp, family trips to Myrtle Beach and other places, driven carpools, grocery runs, emergency room runs, and so many other adventures. So I choose to reframe these mechanical problems as "medical issues" and not be annoyed at the inconvenience, but instead minster to these "medical issues" properly. Who would get mad a person, especially an aging person, for getting sick? Well, a big jerk of a person might. Not being a big jerk, I will compassionately care for my mostly metal sidekick. Having my attitude adjusted, the picture looks so much better. What can you reframe in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment