Thursday, January 3, 2013

Forty is the New_____. WTF?

Happy New Year.  As the ball dropped in Times Square, and the insipid King of all Media, Ryan Seacrest counted down to 2013, he was also counting me out of my thirties.  What an ass.  Actually, I really do not care that I am now a 40 year old person.  I feel good.  I look rather okay-ish.
Ryan Seacrest is still an ass for a variety of reasons, the Kardashian reality franchise is his biggest jerk move.  Thanks for making us all dumber for hearing that famewhoring family's name.  I digress...that will not get better with age (bank on that).  A large majority of my friends have recently made the transition to 40...they are doing fine.  My beloved is 41, and as dashing as ever.  So forty is fine and dandy thus far.  However , it would not be me unless I could find something to b**** about.  Sure, I gave Ryan Seacrest as bit of blast, but he can go cry in his money if this little blogger hurt his feelings.  
Here is my gripe...
_____________is the new ________________.  It drives me nuts when people pull that crap.  40 is not the new 20.  Red is not the new Black.  Lindsay Lohan is not the new Elizabeth Taylor.  All of those statements are false and unadulterated rubbish.  I am not saying I have not used the foolish statements, but I am rather sarcastic, and use them as fodder.  However, there are people tossing these platitudes around like a football at tailgate party.  People that do not realize this is making them look like a condescending ass, or even worse, just a plain ass.  I appreciate the spirit in which people use these statements, but it is much like saying, "Giving 110%"...it can not be done and it creates a ridiculously untrue statement.

40 is 40. Red is red. Black is black.  Lindsay Lohan is a train wreck.  Elizabeth Taylor was a train wreck with talent.  It is what it is. Hate that one too, but at least it is true.

Happy 2013.  Wishing you love, peace, good health, and a dose of snarkiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment