Friday, July 23, 2010

This Not That

I am a sucker for the "Eat This Not That" books and articles. Sadly, I often find that I am often living in the "not that" camp. I try to reform and make better choices, but frankly I would rather not eat that go for some of the "eat this" choices. Fear not, this is a post about my neurotic eating or not eating. It is about life. Really in life is it ever so simple that it is a "this" or "that" choice? Sure some things are that simple, but most are more complex. I often envy people that see the world in black and white, good or bad, yes or no. It would be nice to have binary brain that processes things so efficiently. I am more of a shades of grey, nothing is all good or bad, and a "maybe" kind of gal. However, I really do not think I am completely indecisive, just unwilling to quickly categorize things and put them in a box. Which may explain why the top of my dresser is a cluttered mess (or I just fall victim to the "flat surface trap"). The "this not that" people of the world certainly have more time to live life. However, I am not sure how much enjoyment is gained living in a world where it is either "this" or "that". The over-thinkers spend a lot of time doing analysis of the shades of grey. Sometimes the beauty in life is in the shadings, not being one thing or another, but somewhere on the continuum. I will never know what it is like to be a binary thinker. I suppose it is helpful in many situations in life, and in certain career fields. Being a shades of grey person I can appreciate the clean and linear thinking people of the world, I just can not be one. Where are you? Are you "this not that" or "shades of grey"? And how ironic is it that I have left you with a choice of "this or that"?

No comments:

Post a Comment