Monday, July 5, 2010

Days All Confused

Long weekends are great in so many ways. Great for having a little get-away, or fabulous for catching up on the "to do" list projects around the house. The extra time allows us to slow down and just have some time to be lazy, and decompress. The bad thing about long weekends is the days get all confused for the next week. Today is Monday, but it feels like Sunday. Tomorrow is Tuesday, but it is going feel like Monday. Poor, pitiful, sad sack, Monday. Monday is the ugly step-sister of all the days of the week. Thus, Tuesday will be the the other ugly step-sister (yes, she is ugly too, but not as hideous as Monday). Then the rest of the week is just all discombobulated. I really get mentally off balance when do not know what day it is. Perhaps because I do not love changing the routine. Routine works for me. Having to compress my Monday things into a Tuesday (pretending to be Monday) along with my Tuesday stuff, well it makes for a busy day...and half way through it I will inevitably forget what day it is, and wonder why a reasonably intelligent person, like me, gets so flipping confused by the days of the week. So enjoy the long weekend. Live in the moment. Savor the extra time. Then brace yourself, because the rest of this week will be days all confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment