Monday, July 12, 2010

Pack A Bag

In January I purchased an inspriational flip book that I keep on the microwave in the kitchen. It is called Enjoy Life and Be Happy in 30 Seconds. Each day has an inspirational saying or an action point to help one enjoy life an be happy (supposedly in 30 seconds). This flip book mocks me, daily. Fortunately, I have an incredible sense of humor. I do not flip the page everyday. At first it was because I had not done the action step, and then because some of the action steps just make me chuckle. I have been stuck on, "Today I will...Pack a bag so I am always ready for an adventure". When this page came up about a month ago, I considered actually packing a bag. As a mother of two and the wife of one, a packed bag is really just an invitation to bolt when things get nuts (which can happen daily). So I have not packed a bag, because who needs protective services on their *rear* for child abandonment? Not me. Lately I look at the suggestion to pack a bag for an adventure as being a bit chicken. Really an adventure should be a bit of a fly by the seat of pants proposition. That is the adventure part. Just taking off with what is in your pockets, now that would be an adventure. I may not even make it to the edge of town with only what is in my pockets (especially of I am wearing yoga pants). I need a purse, yes I have a big a-- mom purse. I have small purses too, but I have a preference for a bag that could hold a severed head (not that it ever would, I am just saying that so you get a sense of proportion). Really, if a woman has a properly stocked purse, she can likely make it at least two days out of her home. Not a fabulous two days, but a survivable two days. Personally I have long held the belief that one can survive nicely with an AMEX card and some gin. Really, if you have the AMEX card the gin can be your first purchase. So all you need is an AMEX card. No, the outdoor channel has not been knocking down my door to do a documentary on my survival tactics. I do not care. I am an urban survivalist. I am not packing a bag so I am ready for any adventures, bags are for sissys. I will keep my purse (with the AMEX card) ready for adventures. Enjoy the adventure of today, whatever it may bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment