Saturday, July 24, 2010

Poking Bears

I love fun little colloquial phrases. One of my favorites is "Don't poke the bear". First of all it evokes a fun picture in my mind of a person sneaking behind a sleeping bear with stick to give the bear a poke. The picture in my mind is funny because I am never the person that I picture poking the bear. In reality, there are many figurative bears in my life, and I do poke them on occasion. The "bear" can sometimes be a particularly difficult person, or a situation in your life. Really it is a matter of knowing your "bear" and how to manage the "bears" in your life. It is true that sometimes it is not worth the trouble it will cause to poke some bears. Other times it is a necessary evil to poke some bears or things will not change and the bear will continue to be an obstacle in your life. So let us all assess the bears in our life and the challenges that may come from poking one or two of them. Sure the bear may growl and show its teeth, it may even chase you for awhile, but you have your stick. Or maybe the bear is scared, tired, and it will just run into a cave. You will never know until you poke the bear. Good luck with your bear management.

No comments:

Post a Comment