Monday, October 4, 2010

Coffee

I was just working on a different post. It is a work in progress, I will share it when I feel it is just right. I began thinking it is not a Monday type post. Monday is a day that needs levity. The kind that can only come from a hot cup of coffee in a mug with something quirky written on it. I love coffee mugs. I can spend a long time in gift shops just reading funny mugs. I have learned that I can not buy very cute mug I see. Just like I can't buy every cute shoe just because it comes in a size 10...tempting as it may be. Anyway, back to my friend coffee. I think I should just list my favorite things about coffee...
  1. Coffee is hot and Michigan is generally cold, so that is natural match.
  2. Coffee can be served over ice during the three months when Michigan is hot.
  3. Coffee is a non-offensive social beverage. Most people can tolerate coffee in its caffeinated or decaffeinated form or go for a hot chocolate or tea option at a coffee house. So you have an option for your non-boozing friends.
  4. You can add booze to coffee. I am both sides of the coin person. A nice Irish Coffee or Mexican Coffee is a welcome end of day beverage.
  5. Coffee is an all day drink. You can not sip on gin & tonics all day without some pretty harsh judgement, not to mention impairing your own judgement.
  6. Juan Valdez and his donkey (or should I say, burro). Just a classic coffee commercial.
  7. Fun coffee mugs (already covered that one)
  8. The stimulant effect of caffeine. Never underestimate the importance of being awake and alert (even hyper-alert)
  9. The smell of coffee. Not only does it say, "Good Morning, my love". Coffee beans are a great deodorizer for refrigerator, and other areas of the house. I have put coffee beans in stinky shoes. It works.
  10. My ladies coffee group. These ladies completely rock. It is super cheap therapy and a lot of fun. So I will give coffee credit for this group, but we might meet up over other beverages too.

Tip back a steaming mug or two, and make your own list of reasons of why coffee is king!

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about my Chai Tea!!!! Well all except the part I put it in my shoes, you got me on that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made Julie a mug at the paint yourself place for her birthday last year. It was all cutsie with hearts and chickens on it but it said "piss on this place". I laughed the whole time I was painting it. We still giggle about it.

    ReplyDelete