Sunday, October 24, 2010

5 Random Thoughts

Once again I find that I have ignored my responsibilities as a blogger by not posting enough. Here is the deal, sometimes I just have little random musings that do not seem like "real" posts. I have in my mind that a post has to have a certain length and represent a clear line of thought. Lately my thoughts have been brief and all over that map. So here are some of my random musings from the past week. Maybe all strung together it may seem like a real post.
  1. The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Yes, I have been sucked back into this silliness. These ladies faces do not move. Each looks a bit more plastic than the one before. I am pretty glad that my friends do not look like these gals. I like to make people laugh and I am pretty sure that the cast of this show can only give give vapid, pleasant looks. Please stop me if I ever say I am getting botox or other injected facial fillers. Just give my a blank plastic stare to remind me why. Thanks in advance.
  2. I have a new favorite pair of shoes!!! They are leopard with big gaudy clear jewels. Sounds tacky, looks awesome. These shoes make an outfit. Leopard goes with nothing, so it goes with everything. I declare these shoes my fall fashion statement. I am only making one statement per season. Generally I do it with a purse, but perhaps footwear will be my new way to express my inner fashionista.
  3. The new dog. Ninja is really getting along well with the family. It is nice to be adored and appreciated. The cat is lovely, but not into worshiping her family. Retired racers are a very laid back bunch. She is happy to go for walks, play, eat, and sleep. Which is good because we are good at all of those things too. Greyhounds may be a thin breed, but they are very food motivated. I have never seem a dog run to full food dish as fast as she does.
  4. I re-discovered Chicken Shwarma sandwiches. I went to lunch with my mom last week and had this taste treat. How I had forgotten about chicken shwarma, I do not know. I am glad to have it back on my culinary map. The downside of shwarma is the extreme amount of garlic. Yes, it is a taste treat, but I feel like I need to apologize to everyone who encounters me for the rest of the day. It is a couples food, so if you and your beloved have it together the garlic is a non-issue.
  5. Poltergeist. The movie. I watched it a week ago. I think I saw it back in the early to mid-1980's and I was scared then. It still freaks me out. The clown is the worst. The TV people...eek!!! The most disturbing thing is my daughter watched it and thought it was "no big deal". WHAT? She must have inherited the bravery gene from my husband. I have a triple dose of the "chicken sh**" gene. I will stick with Nightmare Before Christmas. I think that movie is scary, but it is animated, so its not real.

No comments:

Post a Comment