Wednesday, October 20, 2010

New Addition

No this is not a complaint about a new math program at the kids school, where the homework is impossible for even an engineer. Don't put that past me I will complain about homework, especially of it causes tears in our house. I have a new addition to the family. She is a retired racing Greyhound. I swore up and down that I was done with rescuing unwanted or abandon dogs. My last two dogs were slightly unstable. However, this dog is perhaps the most serene animal I have every encountered. She likes people (thank goodness), she listens, and she shows a lot of promise is the training department. Ninja (that is what we are calling her), seems to enjoy learning about retirement living in a house. She needs to learn about household living. Vacuum cleaners, dishwashers, kid's toys, cats, pretty much everything is new to her. I feel like I have a very agreeable alien living me. It all surprises her, yet she is not scared. Here is the best thing, she loves to sleep. Outside she can zip around as fast as I have ever seen a dog run, but she gets in the house and she is on her dog bed, sleeping before I can get my coat off. It is an exciting new journey for us as we learn about Greyhounds. One new thing is they must wear coats when it is cold. That is fun and new. I will keep you posted on Ninja's adjustment to family life. Maybe she has a little stinker in her and she is just showing us the good stuff right now? Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment