Friday, February 3, 2012

Five for Friday

Best part of a four day run of posts...my five random thoughts, musings, ideas, and oddities. You have no idea how much I look forward to this. This is kid in candy store time for me. Be thankful if I even write complete thoughts. Buckle up, I have had a heck of a week...

  1. Dinner. I would pay any price to not have to plan dinners for just one week of my life. Yes, I have reached the end of my rope with dinner planning. Perhaps because the people I am cooking for have an uncanny way of never having any helpful suggestions, but complain about what is put on the table. It is crazy really. I ask every Sunday for suggestions, get blank stares and slack jaws, and no recommendations. Then lo and behold, Monday at dinner, groans about whatever is on the table. Please, either suggestions or a one week reprieve from dinners. Either way, I will be thrilled.
  2. Movie recommendation. Go see Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close. Yes, it is "the 9/11" movie. It is so much more. It is a tale of what can be found when something is lost. It made me cry and laugh. I went to see it on the opening night with my daughter, who read the book. She now has complete credibility in the book and movie recommendation department. Just see it. It is worth it.
  3. Groundhog Day. Stupid and a waste of time. Why would I listen to a fat rodent to give me a weather report? The human weather forecasters are spitballing it most the time already, and once a year they consult a hibernating animal. Utter silliness. Done with it.
  4. Nail polish. I honestly believe I type faster when I am wearing nail polish. I also know that is not true. If anything the weight of lacquer on my nails should slow them down. Yes, this is random and silly...it's Friday, so it's fair game. I think I just like seeing my nails with color on them better than plain nails. FYI, my favorite polish color lately is a cement grey shade. I was in a huge black phase for awhile, so the cement grey is really light for me.
  5. Confession is good for the soul. This weeks confession is....yikes...I really thought something would just flow after that. Let me think. Oh yes, I really am not a fan of Valentine's Day. Even though I have been in a relationship for the past 19 years, and I am wild about my beloved. I am just not a romantic holiday person. It seems very staged and contrived. If you want to give me flowers, give me flowers. Do not wait for a set date on the calendar. Yes, I am girl. Just not a huggy, fluffy, puffy, dreamy, be my Valentine, kind of girl. And I really do not like flowers that much either, but the gesture is nice. Jewelry is okay, just nothing with hearts, that is lame. And my beloved does not read this...so all that gift evaluation was utterly pointless.
Have a great weekend. Do not over do it at your Superbowl Party.

No comments:

Post a Comment