Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I Am Not Doing It

Thanksgiving is just days away. I am very excited about seeing my family, eating yummy food, maybe catching a movie, watching the Lions lose, and having some down time. Notice that nowhere did I mention going shopping for amazing deals on Black Friday. I refuse to do it. I will not stand in line. No deal is good enough for me to climb out of my nice warm bed, stand in line, just for a chance for a well priced item. I have never even tried to get "the deals". My mother never did. My sister does not either. We are not line people. Standing in line reminds me of communist Russia. I recall seeing pictures of people in communist block countries standing in line for necessities. Clearly, waiting in line for extended periods of time did nothing good for communist governments. So this led me to think what I am willing to wait in line for, without complaining. The list is short and sweet.

  1. I will wait in line to ride pretty much any rollercoaster. I love rollercoasters. They make me terrified and happy all at the same time. The bigger the better. I do not even mind the slightly sick and disoriented feeling that happens after the ride is over. Rollercoasters, worth the wait.
  2. I will wait in line for most Disneyland and Walt Disney World attractions. The exceptions being Its A Small World (can't handle the music) and a few other Fantasyland attractions. Disney is amazing. It is a place that makes you want to comeback the moment you leave. It is very special.
  3. I will wait in line at the Secretary of State's office. I am the designated "waiter" for the family. The only reason I do not mind waiting is because I do not want to pay for a ticket for not having the proper tags on the vehicles. Not because I love driving, because I do not like to drive, but that is a post for another day.
  4. I will wait in line at the grocery, but only if there is only one or two people ahead of me. I get really antsy if I am the fourth or fifth person in line. I have left the store when my only option is to be sixth in line or worse. No joke, it causes anxiety. Generally, this is not an issue.

Waiting in line is just not something I do. Not much makes it worthwhile for me. I wish you all luck with your Black Friday sales and I hope you get the deals you are wanting. Perhaps I can muster some Cyber Monday spirit and get some deals from the comfort of my living room.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Sister, I don't wait in line either. Not even for Disney. I do remember waiting in line for beer at college parties, that was the end of my line career!

    ReplyDelete