Friday, November 19, 2010

5 for Friday

Here are my five snippets from the week.

  1. The cold has returned to the great state of Michigan. Gloves and heavy jackets are becoming the usual. I wish I were a little kid so I could justify buying a new coat every year. I like winter jackets. They are so warm and cozy. However, I have not outgrown a coat in many moons. I guess I should be glad about it, but I really just want to buy a new coat for me every time I get a new coat for the kids. My winter wear is in good shape and classically styled...so I will be warm and happy with what I have.

  2. Do your kids look up when you tell them to go find their shoes? Lately, I have said, "Go put your shoes and coat on we are going NOW". I walk in the back room to find a young boy in a jacket looking up at the ceiling saying, "I can't find my shoes". I am not sure if this is a phase, or if I should put a shoe rack on the ceiling, but it is going make me nuts. I calmly point out the floor is a more likely place to find shoes. Then suddenly the shoes are found, on the floor. Not on the shoe rack, because only a silly fool would put their shoes on a neat rack. It may just be the tipping point issues that gets me in the straitjacket in the very quiet place. Perhaps I have a hidden gift for basket weaving.
  3. Dinner is overrated. Yes, I like sitting around the table with my family hearing about the happenings at school and work. However, I am over making this meal. I will continue to make dinner, but I need some divine intervention to make me enjoy the cooking arts.
  4. Have you ever noticed just when you are fed up with your hair you suddenly get complements on the style or color or both? I am at that point, and now my most trusted friends have made comments that they really like the length and color. Now I have the dilemma of getting it cut against their advice. Will anyone rebel and never speak to me again? Probably not. Perhaps I will send an e-mail thanking them for liking my hair (split ends and all) and let them know I am cutting it against friend advice, and I will take responsibility for any bad results.
  5. I am very excited about Thanksgiving this year. I have made a point of listing at least one thing I am grateful for everyday in November. I have listed one thing as my facebook status, and also recorded things in a journal. This activity has made me I am pretty blessed. I already knew that, but the abundance of good people and things in my life is just crazy. Crazy good stuff. I hope that you have an abundance of good stuff in your life. I am even grateful for the annoying stuff, like vacuuming up pet fur. The pets bring so much joy to the whole family they are worth the extra cleaning. Count you blessings, I guarantee you will lose count before you are even close to done counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment